think

Thursday 5 September 2013

Elton John ‘wishes’ he had kids earlier

Elton John  Photo:Bangshowbiz

The 66-year-old star – who has Zachary, three, and Elijah, six months with his partner David Furnish – loves being a dad and despite criticism for having children later in life he knows he can provide the kids with the love they need.

He said: ‘It was the best decision we ever did. I wish we had done it 20 years earlier because I am no spring chicken. I understand people criticizing us for having children at a late age but to hell with it. We can give these children so much love.’

Elton knows his days as a hands-on parent may but cut short as he ages. Talking at the ceremony to receive the first Brits Icon Award for his contribution to music, TV presenter Dermot O’Leary asked him: ‘You said, ‘I don’t want to be 70 years old with a teenage child’ – what do you say now?’

Elton replied: ‘Well, I won’t be 70 years old with a teenager – I will be 80. By the time they are 15, I will be on a Stannah stairlift. I won’t give a f**k.’ Elton and David reportedly paid £17,340 to a surrogate for the birth of their first son in 2010. It is believed they paid a further £20,000 to the same woman for their other son in January this year.



-BANG

No comments:

Post a Comment